Last week I had the pleasure and the honor of being nominated for the Liebster Award! I am truly honored when anyone nominates my blog for anything – most days I think that the only people reading this blog are The Husband and my sisters! So I thank you to all of you out there who do read and enjoy what I have to say, that means more to me than you will ever know. And extra special thanks to Kaitlin of California Endless Summer for nominating me! Hop on over to her blog to check it out!
After receiving the nomination, the blogger must:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger;
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself;
3. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you;
4. List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers (as best as you can tell based on the info provided!). They should be bloggers that you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer; and
6. Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
So, here we go!
First, 11 random facts about myself:
1. I don’t have a TV hookup in my house. We didn’t have one growing up so I continued the tradition when I moved out. I watch movies, and I watch some TV shows on Netflix, but I’d much rather read than watch TV.
2. Speaking of movies, my sisters and I can quote movies like nobody’s business. Oftentimes someone else says one word or innocuous phrase and we’re off quoting some movie and laughing hysterically. It must be a sister thing.
3. I’ve been to Oktoberfest in Munich – I went with a Marine buddy of mine on a total whim and we ended up having an absolute blast.
4. My favorite books are Pretense by Lori Wick and Blink by Ted Dekker. Both are Christian novels most people have never heard of, but I never tire of them.
5. It’s always been a dream of mine to be on Broadway. (In a dancing capacity. I can sing, but I’m only OK.)
6. Although in my senior year of High School I got the role of Zaneeta in The Music Man. I was so nervous when I tried out my voice was all squeaky and high and apparently it was exactly what they were looking for.
7. My first kiss was in a cemetery. And no, it wasn’t Halloween.
8. I’m always cold. It’s practically 80 degrees outside and I’m sitting in my apartment typing this in a fluorescent pink Victoria’s Secret sweatsuit. With the hood up.
9. I can country line dance. I used to go dancing every Thursday night all the way through High School and then some in college.
10. I think Pierce Brosnan made the best James Bond. I don’t apologize for it.
11. I collect refrigerator magnets – but only from places I’ve been to, and mostly only foreign locations. And I’m running out of refrigerator.
My 11 bloggers:
Here’s where I hope I’m not committing some major blogging sin. Since I started this blog I’ve been nominated for several of awards, all for which I’m eternally grateful, but all of which involve nominating fellow bloggers with under a certain amount of followers. I’ve already nominated the bloggers I follow regularly, and I don’t want to nominate a blog just to have nominations. So, I’m calling this an open nomination. For those out there who do follow my blog, feel free to keep the chain going! Answer the questions I’ve posed below and nominate your own favorite blogs, and share some blog love!
Here are the questions Kaitlin asked me:
1. If you could live anywhere in the country (or world) where would it be? Even if it was for just a short period of time. I’d go back to Slovenia. Hands down the most beautiful place I’ve ever been – and I was fortunate enough to live there!
2. What’s your favorite form of exercise? Probably running. Or zumba, although I haven’t been in ages.
3. What is something you have learned from blogging? It’s a lot harder than I expected it to be! And it takes much more work. (Not that I’m complaining – I’m grateful because it ensures that I’m writing every single day.)
4. Favorite family recipe or family dish? Favorite dish is my dad’s pizza. Or my mom’s lasagna. Don’t really have a family recipe.
5. Introvert or extrovert? I always thought I was an extrovert because I’m a social person…but it turns out I’m really an introvert. My favorite way to unwind is to curl up with a book and a cup of coffee and lose a couple of hours.
6. Best way to spend a Saturday? Spending it with my husband: wake up and have coffee, go for a run, hit up a farmers market, and then take a picnic to a winery or park and laze the day away reading and napping.
7. Three things on your bucket list? (such a good question) 1. Climb Mt. Sinai to watch a sunrise (I was thisclose to doing this with my sister three years ago, and then Egypt went and exploded.) 2. Read Anna Karenina (I’ve started it so many times and can’t really get past page ten.) 3. Finish writing my novel.
8. Current television show obsession? See random fact number 1 above. I don’t follow current TV, although The Husband and I have been devouring Battlestar Galactica lately. (Yes, the show from 2004. I’ve never seen it, and I’m not a Science Fiction fan, but it’s GOOD!)
9. Dream job? Writer.
10. Why did you start your blog? Mostly to write, but also to share healthy recipes and promote a more natural way of eating. But yeah, mostly to write.
11. What is one tip for other bloggers out there? (Creation, maintaining it, promotion, etc.) I got nothing. I’m still new to the whole blog thing, so I’m learning as I go!
And here are my 11 questions!
1. Who was the most influential person in your life growing up?
2. If you had to eat one food every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. If you could have any one thing right now and money was no objection, what would it be?
4. Who/what/where does your blogging inspiration come from?
5. What is your favorite way to unwind?
6. How much time do you spend working on your blog?
7. Who is your favorite author?
8. What makes you laugh out loud?
9. What’s your favorite smell?
10. What’s one thing you love about yourself?
11. How do you take your coffee? (forgive me, I was desperate for an 11th question!)
Have a great weekend!
2 thoughts on “Liebster Award”
Congrats! I love BLINK also.
Awesome! I’m so glad someone else knows what I’m even talking about 🙂