Remember my October Bucket List? I can’t believe the month is over already — which means it’s time to take a look back and see how I did!
Overall, not too bad!
1. Watch a classic Halloween movie: Done, and done! Kevin and I ended up watching “Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein” one night, and “Hocus Pocus” on the night before Halloween. I’ve never seen any Abbot and Costello movies before but I really liked the one we watched! And “Hocus Pocus” is, of course, a Halloween classic. As a matter of fact, it was the most searched for movie on Vudu. I know, because we searched for it. 🙂
2. Pumpkin Picking: Ok so this one only counts if you count picking a pumpkin out of a grocery store bin, because that’s what we did. I have yet to make it to a pumpkin patch to pick my own pumpkins. Sigh.
3. Attend a Fall Festival: No check here. There were a couple festivals/fall events going on this month that we wanted to check out, but spending half the month of October moving did us no favors.
4. Make Homemade Apple Cider: I count this one as a half check. We made mulled cider at my sister’s house when we carved pumpkins and baked cookies, so it wasn’t technically homemade cider. But I counted it anyway.
5. Corn Maze and/or Hay Ride: Double sigh and no check here. Again, moving got in the way of this one.
6. Carve a Pumpkin: Check check!
7. Trick or Treating: Another check! Although it was drizzling most of the evening, we still got a fair amount of trick-or-treaters on Halloween night. Super fun!
8. Host a Halloween Party: Erm, this is another one that’s on the fence. I didn’t host a Halloween party, but I didn’t really think I was going to be able do. I did, however, attend a Halloween party! I count it.
9. Make a Fall Wreath: This one I can 100% say I completed, and all my myself!
10. Picnic in the Woods: Confession: I almost forgot about this one. As a matter of fact, I completed it on 31 October…and only because Kevin remembered for me! Since we’re down to one vehicle he picked me up at work and surprised me with a picnic basket full of goodies and drove us to a nearby park so we could accomplish the last item on my October bucket list!
This was a really fun experiment and to be perfectly honest, I completed more items than I originally thought I would. I probably could have done them all had we not moved…and in all honestly, we’re going to try to get to a corn maze tonight – but we’ll see if that actually happens. (Plus, it’s November now, so it doesn’t really count.)
What fun things did you do this October? What are you most looking forward to in November?